The annual fishing contest is SATURDAY, August 6th. Thanks to Mark Doda, please see the information below for all of the details and plan to join the fun!
Little Sand Lake Association
Fishing Contest, 20th Annual
for Little Sand property owners
and their guests
Saturday, August 6, 2022
Registration – 5:00 to 5:30 PM
at the Public Access
$1.00 each person
Fishing – 5:30 to 7:15 PM
on Little Sand Lake
Prizes Awarded – 7:30 PM
Largest Fish in all categories and “Many Great Door Prize Drawings”
(Must be present to win)
PRIZES FOR ALL AGE GROUPS
Children – 10 & under
Youth – 11 to 17
Adults – 18 & over
Come and Join the Fun!
LITTLE SAND LAKE FISHING CONTEST RULES
August 6, 2022
WELCOME TO THE 20TH ANNUAL
LITTLE SAND FISHING CONTEST.
The following information will help make this contest a successful event. All fishing is to be done on Little Sand Lake.
1. Contest hours: MEET AT THE PUBLIC ACCESS.
5:00 to 5:30 PM Registration – $1.00
5:30 to 7:15 Fishing
7:30 Prizes Awarded
2. Boat Parking: Before and at the conclusion of the contest, you may moor your boat briefly at or near the public access. Please make sure you are not impeding other boat traffic.
3. FISH SPECIES INCLUDED: Prizes will be awarded for the largest fish in each category:
a. Northern c. Crappie e. Rock Bass
b. Walleye d. Sunfish f. Large/Small Mouth Bass
4. CATCH AND RELEASE: Fish can be entered at any time during the contest (5:30 to 7:15). If you catch a nice fish you would like to release, you may register it at the public access and then resume fishing. We encourage you to practice “catch and release.”
5. SAFE BOATING: Please use caution with your wake and avoid close proximity to others on the water. Life jackets need to be accessible or worn by participants. Lights should be used at dusk, and you should have your extinguisher and horn available if needed. We encourage you to always treat others with respect on the water.
6. PRIZES: Fishing Winners, fishing registrants and those helping others fish, or volunteers helping with the contest, are to be present at the conclusion of the contest to win fun prizes.
7. Please thank the merchants and others who contributed prizes for our contest.